NetHunt CRM Anti-Spam PolicyAt NetHunt CRM, we are dedicated to providing a secure and trustworthy platform for our customers to send effective email campaigns. This Anti-Spam Policy outlines the rules that we consider when analyzing email campaigns sent through our platform. By following these guidelines, our customers can ensure that their email campaigns are in compliance with industry standards and free from fraudulent content.
Please note that based on this policy, some email campaigns may be rejected if they violate any of the rules outlined in this document. Non-compliance to these Anti-Spam Policy may result in the restriction or suspension of your account.
Our goal is to maintain the highest standards for email marketing and protect the integrity of our platform and our users.
This policy outlines our approach to preventing and combating spam in all its forms.
Consent of Recipients
To ensure that your email marketing practices are in compliance with this Anti-Spam Policy and all applicable laws and regulations, it is important to obtain explicit consent from your recipients to receive emails from you. This consent must be obtained in a manner that is compliant with all relevant laws, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The contact has to manually check a checkbox to subscribe to your newsletter; the registration checkbox can’t be pre-checked. When obtaining consent, you must clearly and prominently disclose the following information to your recipients:
- The types of emails they will receive from you (e.g. promotional, newsletters, etc.)
- How often they will receive emails from you
- How they can opt-out of receiving future emails from you
- The opt-in can’t be provided via a unique checkbox used for multiple purposes. There must be a separate checkbox used for every messaging purpose or email list
- Ensure that your recipients have the option to easily opt-out of receiving future emails from you. This can be achieved through the use of an unsubscribe link in each email, or by providing other clear and simple mechanisms for opting out
Email Scanning Criteria
When scanning email campaigns sent through our platform, we consider the following factors to ensure that they are in compliance with industry standards and free from fraudulent content:
- Personalization: The email must contain a personalized greeting to a person or a company.
- Anchor text: The anchor text of any websites mentioned in the email must lead directly to the site stated. For example, if the email says "check my LinkedIn page," the link must lead to the actual LinkedIn page. This way, we prevent using phishing websites - fake websites designed to trick people into entering sensitive information, such as passwords and credit card numbers, by posing as a legitimate site. This rule is applicable to prevent stealing sensitive information for malicious purposes.
- Email body: The email must clearly state who is sending the email, why, and what the recipient is expected to do next (call to action).
- Subject line: The subject line must not contain any spam words (see the list in the article).
- Forbidden content: The email must not contain any content that is prohibited. (See Prohibited Activities and Content and Industries Not Accepted below).
- Unsubscribe link: The email must contain a link allowing recipients to unsubscribe.
- Body content: The email must not consist solely of a single image. While using HTML, keep it simple and avoid using excessive graphics or images. Ensure that the HTML code is properly formatted. Avoid using techniques that can be used to hide the content of the email, such as using white text on a white background.
- Footer: The email must include a footer that reminds recipients why they are receiving the email, such as "You're receiving this email because you subscribed to our blog…"
NetHunt CRM prohibits the use of our platform for the sending of spam or any other unsolicited bulk or commercial emails. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Sending email to any recipient who has not given explicit permission to receive it
- Sending email with false or misleading information in the subject line or header
- Sending email with falsified or missing transmission information
- Sending email with deceptive or fraudulent content
- Using purchased or rented email lists
We reserve the right to restrict or terminate the user's account in case of creating multiple NetHunt CRM accounts or trial period accounts for sending email campaigns that do not comply with our anti-spam policy. We can also terminate a user's account without notice in case of any other abusive activity.
Content and Industries Not Accepted
In addition to the activities outlined above, NetHunt CRM also prohibits the use of our platform for the promotion of certain types of content and industries. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Illegal or unethical products or services
- Adult content or services
- Gambling or lottery services
- Hacking programs
- Materials containing or encouraging violence
- Any messages violating anti-spam laws such as, but not limited to CAN-SPAM, GDPR, LGPD, CASL
- Hate speech and any forms of prohibited language
- Multi-level marketing schemes or pyramid schemes
- Misinformation (“Fake news”)
- Security services doing “phishing simulations”
- Debt collection
- Exchange of currencies, forex trading
Consequences of Violating our Anti-Spam Policy
NetHunt CRM takes violations of our Anti-Spam Policy very seriously. If we determine that a user has violated this policy, we may take one or more of the following actions:
- Warn the user and require them to correct the violation within a specified time frame
- Reject sending their email campaign
- Suspend or terminate the user's account
- Take any other action deemed necessary to protect the integrity of our platform and our users
As a user of NetHunt CRM, it is your responsibility to comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to email marketing, including but not limited to the CAN-SPAM Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You must also comply with this Anti-Spam Policy and ensure that your use of the platform does not violate it.
Changes to this Policy
NetHunt CRM reserves the right to modify this Anti-Spam Policy at any time, without prior notice. Your continued use of our platform constitutes your acceptance of any changes to this policy.
- NetHunt Inc.
- 651 N Broad St, Suite 206
- Middletown, DE 19709
Last update: February 1, 2023