When starting a new business or establishing grounds for the further development of the existing, one of your first steps might be creating a website or, at least, registering a domain name relevant to a company/brand. But even having done that, you might still feel that there is something missing. And we may have just a hunch what that may be – a corporate email based on your domain that clearly establishes you as a credible business owner. Gmail can be a good option for using it as your business account. Read further to find out how.
What is a Business Email Address
Now, you might be thinking that there are plenty of free webmail services: why not allow every employee to use their personal email addresses, right? Is there something wrong about it? Actually, there is.
- First of all, personal email is personal email. If your sales team communicates with their contacts, they would retain this communication even when fired. Imagine one of the key salespersons leaving to work in competing company with all the contacts and current information about the state of your business stored in their personal mailbox. In turn, in corporate, business mail domain you have total control over all the mailboxes, their contents, and can enforce a set of corporate mail sending/receiving rules.
- Secondly, having all of the business emails being sent from the professional email address allows establishing corporate identity, increasing credibility and reputation of the company.
- Last but not least, emails sent from a single domain hint at the corporate website’s address, attached to the same domain.
Let us provide an example. American company Amazon owns an amazon.com domain name. For instance, business email address of their customer support is email@example.com. It’s unique, short, easy to spell, and unforgettable. All the other corporate email addresses are similarly ended with “@amazon.com”. This is exactly what you must strive to.
Nevertheless, hosting and maintaining a corporate mail server is not an easy task that requires resources and trained personnel, which you might not have. There is a lot of security concerns and fine details in tuning your mail server for it not to be blacklisted in the first day. What to do in this case? Providing a solution is the main goal of this tutorial.
What we highly recommend is using G Suite attached to your domain as a means to provide corporate email addresses. It provides tons of advantages and 3rd party productivity tools including NetHunt – CRM for G Suite.
Benefits of Using G Suite for the Business Email Address
- When creating a business Gmail account, your employees won’t have to get accustomed to something new when using G Suite, as it’s just a business version of Gmail, customary for many people;
- With G Suite you have complete control over the corporate accounts. If you terminate some positions or one of your workers leaves the company you retain access to account, all of the stored letters, contacts, and files;
- You can share documents and contacts with the whole team in several clicks;
- G Suite allows creating multiple Gmail business email aliases;
- You get 30 GB of Google Disk storage per user;
- When using G Suite you don’t have to worry about the security of the data. Service provides 2-step verification that can be easily enforced;
- This helps to increase the brand awareness. Since your email address uses your domain name, a person sees the brand name every time they receive mail from your domain;
- 24/7 customer support;
- Free 30 days trial;
- You can brand the mail account interface with the company logo.
- Your team can use a number of built-in productivity features for higher efficiency.
Gmail Business Email Address Features
Believe it or not but when you create a business email on Gmail, it gives your brand a professional image and builds customer loyalty. Imagine that your sales representative conducts a successful presentation of your products but when asked for their email address provides something like firstname.lastname@example.org. Can you say that this address has any connection to your company or sales department, in particular? In modern business, conducting your professional duties using corporate mail is considered common courtesy.
This is why it is extremely important to make sure that business email address looks professional. The formula of a successful and reliable business email address is something like email@example.com. How to use Gmail for business? Read further.
Before You Create Business Email Address
- To start with, you need to have (or create) a Gmail account that would serve as administrative.
- If you have several Gmail addresses you need to pick one to link it with the new business email domain.
- Order a domain name (or use the one you have but you’ll have to verify it to Google). This domain name would be used as primary for corporate email addresses.
How Can I Create a Business Email Address with G Suite?
The following is the step-by-step tutorial on how to setup Gmail for business.
Step 1.In order to create an account with G Suite, click on the “Get Started” button in the upper right corner.
Step 2. Next you will need to provide your company name, indicate the required number of corporate accounts and your country. Then click the “Next” button.
Step 3. On the next step, all you need to do is to enter your contact info. After that, you’ll be asked to enter the domain name.
Step 4. Finalize the creation of the account by choosing a secure password. Congratulations! You have successfully created a G Suite account. Now you can add all the required company email accounts and then click “I have added all user email addresses”.
In any case, you will always be able to add more users later.
Step 5. You will need to verify your ownership of the domain. Google provides a number of methods to do this.
Step 6. Now you need to provide access to the administrative panel of your hosting to ensure that mail is redirected to Google mail servers correctly. Taking into account that there are various hosting services, the process may differ. But no worries – you can easily find detailed instructions provided by Google.
Having logged into admin panel, you need to go back to G Suite and check the box “I have opened the control panel for my domain”.
Step 7. Next you need to set the mail processing (MX) records in the DNS section of the admin panel. When done, check the “I created the new MX records” and after that, you can check the “I saved the MX records” box.
Click the “Verify domain” and “Set up the email” buttons.
Done! Wait a few moments and you will receive a message from Google telling you that your domain name is verified. Now you can use Gmail for business.
G Suite Packaging and Pricing
There are two major billing plans:
- Flexible plan. You pay monthly for each user account. You are allowed to add or remove accounts whenever you wish which will reduce or increase your monthly cost. This plan is most suitable for small organizations with a variable number of employees. You can quit any time.
- Annual plan. The main difference from the flexible plan is that you commit to paying the preset fee for the whole year. You can change the amount of accounts only when you renew the annual contract. Even if you cancel early you still have to pay the annual price.
You can choose from three types of G Suite pricing:
- Basic, 6$ per user (30GB Google Drive storage and advanced admin and security controls)
- Business, 12$ per user (unlimited Google Drive storage, advanced admin and security controls, scripting IDE, and some analytic tools)
- Enterprise, 25$ per user (unlimited Google Drive storage, advanced admin and security controls, scripting IDE, and advanced analytic tools)
Using Your Business Email with G Suite and Gmail
Choosing to create a company email account with G Suite has a lot of benefits. It takes just seven steps to organize and about 5$ monthly per account to make your brand appear more professional.
Business email through Gmail work just the way common Gmail accounts do. You can have access to your company account through Gmail website or, use Gmail as a mail client, or if you are managing it, – access the account from the admin console.
It is important to know that other users don’t have access to the admin console and you can easily add and remove users at any convenient time.
The possibility to easily share information with your team, have confidence in data integrity, file ownership, the impression to potential clients and other benefits of using Gmail for business stated above leave no doubts about the decision to create a business email with G Suite.
Migrate Data From Other Business Accounts
Up to this point, if you created your business Gmail account with G Suite, you might have realized that there is data left on your other accounts. And you do need that data for further work. So what do you do?
In fact, there is nothing to worry about. Google provides ways to migrate the existing data from your personal Gmail account, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft’s Hotmail.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and promote your business today by setting up a professional email domain using Gmail for business – G Suite. Just imagine your company playing in the field for top-of-the-line customers! And once your Gmail account is set up, consider adding NetHunt to it – our CRM for Gmail – for more sales productivity and automation features.
Table of Contents
Crack the sales formula with CRM Lab
Twice a month, receive actionable CRM content to your inbox.
Telegram channel NetHunt CRM
All about CRM and B2B sales.Join