How to create and manage folders
Create and customize folders to organize your business
The first thing you need to do in NetHunt CRM is to create a folder which will store your business records. Folders usually represent a single business process, such as a customer database, tech support cases, etc.
How to create folders
1. To create a folder, click on your workspace and select “Create new folder”.
2. After you’ve created the folder, make sure you set up its structure.
In the context menu choose a “Settings & Permissions” option and start creating fields all your folder’s records will have from now on.
3. You can also customize your folder from wherever you are:
1) On the left sidebar menu
2) Workspace’s dashboard
3) From inside a folder
What is more, the Context drop down menu changes along with the place you are in within your workspace.
The “3-dot-Settings” button nomads through your Workspace:
How to manage fields
After you've created a folder you need to set fields that every record inside this folder will have.
Go to the folder’s settings and hit the “Settings & Permissions” button. Then click on the plus icon in the Fields header and enter the name for that field. Next, choose the type of field to use:
- Text entry:
- a one-line text field.
- for decimals, currency, percents and custom number formatting.
- allows you to enter multiple values in a field. Perfect for entering tags, labels, etc.
- a simple checkbox, perfect for creating yes/no fields.
- allows you to enter a single person. Great for an Assignee or Owner field.
- allows you to list people by entering their names or emails.
- allows to set an exact date via a drop-down calendar.
- Record list:
- allows you to link to other records.
- Time since update:
- allows you to track time (days/hours) since the last field update. For example, you can see how long the record has been in a certain stage (Negotiating, Won, Lost, etc).
- Allow Multiline to be able to enter more than one line of text in a field. This is a great solution if you want to create a Notes or Description field.
- You can set a default value for most fields so that they will automatically be filled upon creating a record.
- NetHunt CRM can suggest you the values for a field from the ones you've previously entered. Turn this on by checking the Suggest from history option.
- Presets allow you to enter a number of predefined values and, when filling in a record, limit what you can enter to those predefined values only. Ignore Presets only to allow entering other values, but also use presets as hints.
How to manage display fields
Folders can have display fields that will show the corresponding field values without actually opening the record, serving as a kind of preview. To customize it, go to the Display fields in the dashboard where you can add or remove fields. To customize it, go to your folder’s “Settings & Permissions” menu and in the Displayed fields section add or remove fields. They will then be displayed as labels on the incoming emails in your Inbox.
How to share folders
To share a folder with a NetHunt CRM users, in a “Settings & Permissions” menu choose “Permissions” and enter the person's email address. Here you can also set permissions for the new users (you can change them later by clicking on the Edit “Pencil” icon next to that user). Keep in mind that these permissions will only be applied to the current folder.
Once you share a folder with another user, they will be getting an email notification about having been shared a folder. Please make sure they have an extension installed to have the access to the shared folder within a workspace.